2-Day Hands-on, Interactive Workshop
Do you manage projects, tasks, schedules, and resources in your organization?
Make project management scheduling easy with the right tools for project managers, product teams, project teams and decision makers.
This course is designed to familiarize students with the basic and intermediate features and functions of Microsoft Project 2010/2013/2016 so they can use it easily, effectively, and efficiently to manage projects in real-world environments. The course will help to enhance skills and to gain knowledge of Microsoft Project 2016 and Project Online while learning basic Project Management concepts.
This 2-day hands-on, interactive course is designed for anyone who needs a basic understanding of project management concepts and who is responsible for creating and maintaining project schedules within the organization regardless of industry. This course will provide students a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project 2010/2013/2016 necessary to create, save, share, and manage project schedules.
A familiarity with basic project management concepts and terminology is recommended as well as basic Windows and navigation skills familiar to other Microsoft Office applications. Students only need to bring a laptop computer with the supplied courseware installed prior to class.
In this course, students will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2013/2016 regardless of industry. You will learn basic project management concepts and navigate MS Project 2013/2016 software; create and define a new project schedule; create and organize tasks; manage resources in a project schedule; finalize a project schedule; share project schedule information.
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- The New Features of MS Project
- Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Navigate the Microsoft Project 2013/2016 User Interface
- Creating and defining a Project Schedule
- Creating and Organizing Tasks
- Defining and Assigning Resources
- Creating and Working with an Enterprise Resource Pool
- Viewing and Resolving Overallocations
- Setting Baselines
- Tracking Project Progress
- Advanced Task Scheduling
- Maintaining a Project Schedule for Data & Information Integrity
- Formatting Project Details
- Customizing and Sharing Project Fields, Tables, Views, and Filters
- Reporting and Customizing Reports
- Printing and Sharing Project Information
- Working with Multiple Project Schedules Across the Organization
- Tip & Tricks
- Overview of Project Service and Project Web App for Team Collaboration
- Class handouts, exercises, and case studies
- Activity-based, real-world in-classroom training
- 16 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs) towards continual education
- Training manual and class handouts
- Microsoft Certified, experienced professional trainer
- Full version MS Project 2016 trial courseware
- Lunch and all-day beverages and snacks
GROUPS: If you need several members from your organization trained, we offer group discounts for 5+ or bulk rates for 15+. To sign-up for a scheduled corporate class and/or to take advantage of corporate discounts for your company, please submit your details and our corporate account representative will contact you.